The Forest Hill War Memorial was erected by the Forest Hill Memorial in 1921. The masons for the monument were PJ Lowther and Sons of Brisbane. It is possible that the monument was actually carved by Charles Lowther, sculptor son of this Brisbane masonry family, and an ex- serviceman who fought for the Australian Light Horse in World War One.
The finely carved grey sandstone monument faces east, towards the rising of the sun. Inscribed on the stone are the names of 97 soldiers who served, including 11 solders who did not return.
The Forest Hill War Memorial had cost 300 pounds, and was unveiled by five mothers of fallen soldiers. A plate with the names of World War Two serviceman had been added at a later stage.