The original Honour Board was erected in the early 1920’s on the now Heritage listed Railway Station. Electrification meant a new Maryborough West railway station was well out of town. The ticket office however remained and a bus transfer system established for Maryborough & Hervey Bay. The Honour Board was moved to inside the ticket office to minimize vandal damage.
The board commemorates 124 who served in WWI. Folders are available at the ticket office to view the war records of those listed.