The Memorial Hall was constructed in 1919 when a trust was established with the NSW Trustee on 31 March 1919. It was erected on land donated by Mrs Robertson, wife of Alderman Robertson, and the building was paid for by a combination of money raised by public donation and a loan from the Mayor Mr William Windeyer.
The memorial was dedicated on 13 September 1919 by the Governor of NSW, Sir Walter Davidson. Unfortunately other records were lost when the Hunters Hill Town Hall burnt down in 1978.
In 2016, a memorial wall was erected in the front yard of the hall to take the place of the First World War war trophy 150mm German Howitzer No.1177, which was relocated to the Hunters Hill Council Chambers.
Hunters Hill RSL Memorial Hall
Erected 1919. RSL Founded 1929
RSL Hunters Hill