Write for Places of Pride guidelines
Thank you for your interest in writing for Places of Pride.
We are keen to explore the stories of the people listed on memorials throughout the country. Perhaps they are your family members, family friends or just someone in your community.
Over 1.5 million Australian men and women served in eight major wars or conflicts during the twentieth century.
More than 100,000 people died in action, more than 200,000 were wounded and more than 30,000 were taken as prisoners of war.
We want to know who they really were. Can you help?
What we are looking for
- Stories about a specific person, where they were from, what they did, their hopes and ambitions, and what was special about them
- A photograph of the person that is either publicly available or you have permission to share, OR a photograph of a momento of theirs such as a letter or medal
- No more than 500 words (1 page)
- Links to any references you used
How we will use your stories
- Stories will be added to relevant memorial pages
- Stories may feature on the Places of Pride homepage and in social media
- Stories may feature in other Places of Pride marketing communications
How to submit your stories
There are two ways you can submit stories to Places of Pride:
- Copy and paste them from a Word document into a specific memorial page
- Email us with your story inside the body of the email or attach a Word document. Don’t forget to link to the relevant memorial page