51st Battalion Memorial Cross
The cross had originally been erected on the battlefield by Sergeant Joe Tunnecliffe of Yanchep as a memorial to those who made the supreme sacrifice during the counter attack at Villers Bretonneaux in 1918. The cross was returned to Australia after World War One and was handed over to the 51st Militia Battalion at Ryde New South Wales and unveiled in St Anne`s Church Ryde on Armistice Day, 1934.
In 1956 because the 51st Battalion was largely a West Australian Unit and by mutual agreement between the parishioners of St Anne's Church and the 51st Battalion AIF Association, the cross was transferred to St George`s Cathedral in Perth. In 2018 the cross will be returned temporarily to Villers Bretonneaux for the 100th anniversary of the battle.